Champions KinderCare: Assistant Teacher
When you join our team as an Assistant Teacher you will:
-Assist teachers with the implementation of KCE’s curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
-Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
-Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
-Support your center’s success by partnering with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement
-Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners
Qualifications – External Availability: Monday through Friday 6:30-8:30 AM and 2:30-6:00 PM Total hours per week: 25
A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.\
Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand
Outstanding customer service skills
CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors.
Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
Ability to speak, read, and write English.
1441 Lake Street
Libertyville, Illinois 60048
You can view more information HERE.
North Shore Pro-Active Health: Chiropractic Exercise Rehab Assistant
Chiropractic Exercise Rehab Assistant
Team Player with a background in wellness and movement therapy needed ASAP! Background working with pregnant women a plus as this is a strong focus in our practice. We are looking for a full -ime rehab assistant to perform hands-on manual therapy, teach rehabilitative exercises, direct patients with stretching; assist with examination procedures including taking vitals, verifying medication/health history information; helping with application of Kinesiotape, cold laser therapy; and possibly assisting our marketing department with relevant exercise related Facebook posts and videos.
To apply for this position you must have experience and be comfortable with hands-on manual therapy/massage therapy and directing patients working within a medical environment. You MUST have a working knowledge of the muscles; their attachments, origins and functions. You also must have one or more of the following qualifications: – Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) – Licensed Massage Therapist (with a thorough understanding of muscles origin, insertion, action, etc). – chiropractic assistant experience with massage training – physical therapy assistant (PTA) certificate (unlicensed is okay) – Unlicensed massage therapist, but completed certification program.
The hours for this position are Monday and Thursday from 8:30pm – 6:30pm; Fridays 8:30am – 1:00pm. Full hours are depending on patient schedule. This is not a time-clock profession – sometimes clients will run over “scheduled” times. Only candidates who are looking for a long-term working relationship will be considered. You must be reliable, on-time and ready to spring into action when you arrive to work. We are a small practice and every team member plays a vital role. Work attendance is very important. Being able to learn quickly, accept constructive criticism and constantly improving your communication skills will serve you well in this position. As a full-time employee, you do qualify for partial benefits including IRA, paid time off, continuing education classes, uniform reimbursement, and performance bonuses as well as free chiropractic care for yourself and immediate family, free massage therapy and discounted vitamins and support products.
The number one qualification for this position is being a team player. We’re a boutique office where every member plays a vital role. We’re looking for an individual with personal training, athletic training, physical therapy or massage therapy experience. While the role is designed to be 90% hands on with patients there is also the expectation that ancillary duties will be completed as well. These can include note taking, laundry (massage therapy sheets), vacuuming, inventory of rehab supplies and keeping your department clean and tidy. Marketing duties include weekly facebooks posts promoting wellness and physical fitness (education based) and videos to help explain stretches and strengthening. – Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) – Licensed Massage Therapist (with a thorough understanding of muscles origin, insertion, action, etc). – chiropractic assistant experience with massage training – physical therapy assistant (PTA) certificate (unlicensed is okay) – Unlicensed massage therapist, but completed certification program
North Shore Pro-Active Health
112 Lake Street
Libertyville, Illinois 60048
You can apply to this position HERE.
Black Cat Yoga Wellness Desk Coordinator
Wellness Desk Coordinator
Become the face of our new wellness space. We’re expanding to offer reiki, wellness services + infared sauna sessions. Great part time position for a mom or high school student.
Responsibilities include: Check in clients, field calls about our services and manage getting clients settled into the sauna/other wellness services. As our front of house coordinator, you will be responsible for some scheduling and transactions, helping clients choose the right service as well as some light cleaning of the space (folding towels, tidying products, cleaning the floor). Attention to detail, friendly + welcoming manner required. An interest in yoga, meditation or wellness a great plus. Future opportunity to grow with us!
Looking for 2 people to share the hours below, more hours will become available.
Hours we’re looking to fill:
Mon: 4:30-8:30p; Th+F 3:30-8:30p, Sat 11:30-6p, Sun 11:30-6p.
To apply: please send us a resume as well as a few sentences explaining why you’re interested in working with us + what you love about wellness. firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Cat Yoga is focused on providing holistic wellness, sports performance + community through yoga, meditation + recovery services. Our new wellness space offers many great ways to feel your best: compression recovery services, infared sauna sessions, reiki energy healing + more, right in the heart of downtown Libertyville.
Libertyville Elementary School District 70: Substitute Teachers
Libertyville Elementary School District 70
Substitute Teaching/Substitute Classroom Teacher
Location: All District 70 Schools
Description: Working as a Substitute Teacher, Paraeducator, School Secretary or Learning Center Clerk at any or all of our five schools during the 2020-2021 school year.
Qualifications: Applicants MUST hold a “Professional Educator License” (PEL), or a “Professional Substitute License” and be registered in Lake County (Region 34). No previous teaching or student-teaching is required, although applicants with education degrees and/or instructional experience are preferred. Note: Online training will be required for those with no education degree.
Reports To: Director of Human Resources; Building Administrators
Work Year: Day-to-day within the school year calendar
Contract Dates: None, at-will
FLSA Status: Exempt
Evaluation: Via Absence Management by staff, and administrator feedback
Qualifications: Illinois Teaching or Substitute License
Criminal Background Check
Proof of physical fitness
Attendance at Substitute Orientation
Completion of Compliance Tutorials as Required – all candidates
Completion of Substitute Training for non-education candidates
At a minimum, accept 2 jobs per month, on average.
Purpose: To prepare learners to achieve their personal best; continue the learning prescribed for that day; provide direction for each student as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Report to the main office upon arrival at the school building.
- Arrive on time, according to the work-day hours published in the Substitute Teacher Handbook, to check in, look over substitute plans and prepare for lessons of the day.
- Familiarize yourself with the building and other teachers who are available to you throughout the day. Don’t hesitate to ask for help. Seeking help will allow you to be more successful in your teaching.
- Uphold all District policies, rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject.
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures (including classroom management techniques) for the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Teach the lessons outlined in the substitute plans as prepared by the absent teacher.
- Maximize the probability of success by:
- clearly communicating expectations
- adapting for individual learner needs
- actively involving students in learning
- providing a risk-free, safe environment
- Assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class and throughout the building during supervisory times.
- Maintain professional standards, professional ethics, and confidentiality. Breaches in confidentiality are subject to immediate release.
- Provide direction to students in case of emergency situations.
- Follow directions given by the regular teacher to conclude your day (process work, tidy room, etc.)
- Provide feedback to the teacher using the form provided. Include comments on the behavior of students, lessons completed, possible changes made in the plans and why.
- Provide feedback to the principal using the form provided.
- Check out at the main office at the end of your day.
- If accepting a long-term assignment, you are expected to assume all duties and responsibilities of the full-time teacher (notably: lesson planning, parent communication, report cards, etc.) and to be present on all teacher work days including parent-teacher conferences (evenings) and institute days, unless alternative arrangements are made with the building principal.
Libertyville School District 70 assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.
Qualified applicants should complete the online application into the application system. Letters of reference are optional at this time.
Please do not send hard copies or email multiple files.
Applications will be screened when fully submitted. Applicants will be contacted for interviews and/or orientation based on their qualifications, the relevance of their experience and background.
Questions can be directed to:
Dr. Tom Bean
Click HERE to visit the website.
*** How to Obtain Your Substitute License
Must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
Please request the college send your official transcript directly to the state in one of the following ways:
Mail official transcript to Or Escript to: email@example.com
Illinois State Board of Education
Educator Effectiveness (E-240)
100 N. 1st Street
Springfield, IL 62777
1. Create your ELIS account if you do not already have one
2. Once you are logged in to ELIS, click on “Apply for Substitute License” and follow the prompts
3. $50 application fee plus service fee (payment made with debit/credit only)
The application process may take 2-6 weeks. You will receive an email notification from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) once your application is reviewed.
Once issued you must register this license so that is valid for working in the schools
Register Your License:
1. Login to your existing ELIS account: https://sec3.isbe.net/IWASNET/login.aspx
2. Click on “Registration” which is located in the “Action Center Box” on the middle right side of your home page, and follow the prompts
3. Register in Lake County – Select 34 Lake ROE from drop down menu
4. $60 registration fee plus service fee (payment made with debit/credit only)
5. Valid five years. Renewable with registration fees.
Please note our office is currently not offering fingerprint services: You may speak with the hiring district regarding alternative options.