Vernon Hills Park District: PALS Instructor
The PALS (Play And Live Stronger) Instructor is responsible for supervising and leading age appropriate activities for children kindergarten through sixth grade. The PALS Instructor will also assist the PALS Supervisor in setting up the rooms, planning programs and activities, and completing cleaning responsibilities.
The PALS Instructor must be at least 16 years of age. Applicants must enjoy interacting and playing with children. Must be certified in CPR or become certified within 60 days of hire.
Vernon Hills Park District: Personal Trainer
The Personal Trainer plans and executes personal and group training sessions for users of the Park District’s Fitness Facility.
Personal Trainers must have a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or be certified through a nationally accredited organization such as ACSM, NASM or AFAA. A minimum of one-year professional experience as a personal trainer is required. Desired employee should have advanced knowledge of fitness equipment, fitness trends and wellness knowledge. Trainer must have the ability to work with and understand the varying needs of patrons of a wide age range. Trainer must maintain certifications in CPR, AED and First Aid.
Vernon Hills Park District: Childcare Teacher
The Childcare Teacher, under the supervision of the Childcare Manager, will be responsible for directing all aspects of the classroom’s program and executing the daily curriculum. The teacher will work towards providing a program that will foster children’s social, intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
The teacher must be 19 years of age, have 60 hours from an accredited college or university with 6 hours in ECC or meet DCFS teacher qualifications. Documentation of physical exam and TB skin test is required before beginning work along with current CPR and first aid certification (must be completed within the first 90 days of work). The teacher must have good oral and written communication skills and be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Maison Chic: Retail Boutique Associate
Retail Boutique Associate
We are a local home accents and gift boutique looking for part-time associates.
Responsibilities include: serving customers by helping them select products, cashiering, assisting with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise, providing outstanding customer service, performing light cleaning duties (dusting shelves, organizing merchandise, keeping floors clean).
Position Qualifications include: excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, dependable and punctual, product knowledge, team work skills, positive and friendly attitude.
Experience in retail a plus.
To apply: Please send resume along with a few sentences explaining why you’re interested in working with us. [email protected]
Ultimate Ninjas: Course Attendants
Our course attendants are fun, responsible, and encouraging employees who work with kids and adults at our American Ninja Warrior training facility.
Responsibilities include coaching, motivating, and over all safety of our classes, birthday parties, and open gym.
Employees must also welcome and be able to engage any guest at our gym, which include kids, adults, and their families.
Will train. No previous experience required.
You can view more information HERE.
Libertyville Elementary School District 70: Substitute Teachers
Libertyville Elementary School District 70
Substitute Teaching/Substitute Classroom Teacher
Location: All District 70 Schools
Description: Working as a Substitute Teacher, Paraeducator, School Secretary or Learning Center Clerk at any or all of our five schools during the 2020-2021 school year.
Qualifications: Applicants MUST hold a “Professional Educator License” (PEL), or a “Professional Substitute License” and be registered in Lake County (Region 34). No previous teaching or student-teaching is required, although applicants with education degrees and/or instructional experience are preferred. Note: Online training will be required for those with no education degree.
Reports To: Director of Human Resources; Building Administrators
Work Year: Day-to-day within the school year calendar
Contract Dates: None, at-will
FLSA Status: Exempt
Evaluation: Via Absence Management by staff, and administrator feedback
Qualifications: Illinois Teaching or Substitute License
Criminal Background Check
Proof of physical fitness
Attendance at Substitute Orientation
Completion of Compliance Tutorials as Required – all candidates
Completion of Substitute Training for non-education candidates
At a minimum, accept 2 jobs per month, on average.
Purpose: To prepare learners to achieve their personal best; continue the learning prescribed for that day; provide direction for each student as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Report to the main office upon arrival at the school building.
- Arrive on time, according to the work-day hours published in the Substitute Teacher Handbook, to check in, look over substitute plans and prepare for lessons of the day.
- Familiarize yourself with the building and other teachers who are available to you throughout the day. Don’t hesitate to ask for help. Seeking help will allow you to be more successful in your teaching.
- Uphold all District policies, rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject.
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures (including classroom management techniques) for the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Teach the lessons outlined in the substitute plans as prepared by the absent teacher.
- Maximize the probability of success by:
- clearly communicating expectations
- adapting for individual learner needs
- actively involving students in learning
- providing a risk-free, safe environment
- Assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class and throughout the building during supervisory times.
- Maintain professional standards, professional ethics, and confidentiality. Breaches in confidentiality are subject to immediate release.
- Provide direction to students in case of emergency situations.
- Follow directions given by the regular teacher to conclude your day (process work, tidy room, etc.)
- Provide feedback to the teacher using the form provided. Include comments on the behavior of students, lessons completed, possible changes made in the plans and why.
- Provide feedback to the principal using the form provided.
- Check out at the main office at the end of your day.
- If accepting a long-term assignment, you are expected to assume all duties and responsibilities of the full-time teacher (notably: lesson planning, parent communication, report cards, etc.) and to be present on all teacher work days including parent-teacher conferences (evenings) and institute days, unless alternative arrangements are made with the building principal.
Libertyville School District 70 assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.
Qualified applicants should complete the online application into the application system. Letters of reference are optional at this time.
Please do not send hard copies or email multiple files.
Applications will be screened when fully submitted. Applicants will be contacted for interviews and/or orientation based on their qualifications, the relevance of their experience and background.
Questions can be directed to:
Dr. Tom Bean
Click HERE to visit the website.
*** How to Obtain Your Substitute License
Must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
Please request the college send your official transcript directly to the state in one of the following ways:
Mail official transcript to Or Escript to: [email protected]
Illinois State Board of Education
Educator Effectiveness (E-240)
100 N. 1st Street
Springfield, IL 62777
1. Create your ELIS account if you do not already have one
2. Once you are logged in to ELIS, click on “Apply for Substitute License” and follow the prompts
3. $50 application fee plus service fee (payment made with debit/credit only)
The application process may take 2-6 weeks. You will receive an email notification from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) once your application is reviewed.
Once issued you must register this license so that is valid for working in the schools
Register Your License:
1. Login to your existing ELIS account: https://sec3.isbe.net/IWASNET/login.aspx
2. Click on “Registration” which is located in the “Action Center Box” on the middle right side of your home page, and follow the prompts
3. Register in Lake County – Select 34 Lake ROE from drop down menu
4. $60 registration fee plus service fee (payment made with debit/credit only)
5. Valid five years. Renewable with registration fees.
Please note our office is currently not offering fingerprint services: You may speak with the hiring district regarding alternative options.