Learn about Baker Summer Discovery Camp at Baker Demonstration School, which offers the coolest activities for children ages 3-12; parents, you’ll wish you were a kid again!
Baker Summer Discovery Camp at Baker Demonstration School is the perfect way for your child to make the most out of their summer. For campers age 3-12, we’re serious about creating summer fun and new experiences that help kids build confidence, make new friends, and learn some of life’s most important lessons along the way.
Our camp offers a hands-on, child-centered experience designed to spark the imagination and engage the intellect – all while offering an equally important dose of fun and physical activity. Whether your child feels most at home in the science lab, on the field, or on stage, Baker Summer Discovery Camp is a place where your child is known and valued. Best of all, our campers create memories that last a lifetime!
Campers have the option to enroll for one week of camp or through the whole summer with various themed classes such as:
- 3D Sculpture – Build 3D sculptural working with paper, cardboard, plastic, fabric, found objects, chicken wire, cheesecloth and plaster. Learn how to make fun Recycle Arts Creations, Plaster Sculpture, African Masks, Mosaic Self Portraits, Papier Mache Figures, and Empowerment Dolls!
- CSI Baker – Practice your investigative skills this summer. Collect and analyze fingerprints and fiber samples, learn to decipher coded messages, and effectively interrogate suspects.
- Grossology – Learn all about the grossest parts of the world around in this hands-on exploration of the yucky business of humans, animals, and habitats. Campers investigate how waste moves through the body, what snot is made of, why some animals eat vomit, and plenty more yucky natural phenomenon.
- Photography – No expensive equipment needed to take great pictures anymore! Armed with their own cell phones or digital cameras, campers learn the basics of photography and use the environment in and around Baker to practice their skills.
- Short Shakes – Join JEFF award winning director, Erin Murray, for two weeks of Shakespeare on the stage of Baker’s Carlton Auditorium. Learn the language of the Bard, give Shakespearean dance a whirl, and practice stage combat.
- Super Soccer Stars – Campers build confidence and practice teamwork while developing super soccer skills! Spend mornings on the field practicing soccer fundamentals through warm-ups, games, relay races, and team building and skill building activities.For a complete list and description of each class, click here.
In addition to the themed classes, Baker Summer Discovery campers enjoy weekly walks to neighborhood parks and swimming in Baker’s own pool. Since we are located near Lake Michigan, campers also have the opportunity to go on weekly beach trips!
Baker Summer Discovery Camp is available for children ages 3-12. For more information on how to enroll, contact email@example.com or call 847-425-5814. To register now, visit bakerdemschool.org/summer.
About Baker Demonstration School: Located on the border of Evanston, just minutes from Chicago, Baker is nationally recognized for educational excellence and serves students in preschool through 8th grade. Our experiential, hands-on approach to learning benefits students both inside and outside of the classroom. Click here to visit the Baker Demonstration School webpage to learn more about the power of a Baker education.
**This post is sponsored by Baker Demonstration School. Thank you!