Libertyville Junior Woman’s Club – Not just another woman’s club
The Libertyville Junior Woman’s Club, or “Juniors” as we fondly refer to ourselves, is a service and philanthropic organization that focuses our resources towards helping the women and children in the surrounding areas.
Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About “Juniors”
10. You don’t have to live in Libertyville to be a member.
9. We make an impact in our local community, volunteering with organizations such as Meals on Wheels, Tree of Need and Highway Clean-up.
8. Volunteering has rewards that see no bounds.
7. Is a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, one of the largest and oldest non-denominational, international volunteer service organizations in the world.
6. Throughout the year we organize fun events for kids.
5. Our meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month, but we take summers off!
4. We have a “sister” club, Juniorettes, for local high school girls in grades 6 -12 who are interested in community service and philanthropic events.
3. Not only do we work hard, we have a lot of fun events too. So far this year we have had a Wine & Pedi event, an evening of Candelit Restorative Yoga and painting at Board & Brush.
2. Every spring we offer scholarships to local graduating seniors and working moms who share our commitment to giving back to their community.
1. We have a bi-annual fundraiser where we pick a local charity to raise money for. In 2018 we raised over $21,000 to fight hunger in Lake County.
We are always looking for local women who are willing to share their time and talents through volunteer and social activities. If you would like to learn more about this great organization please contact us at [email protected]
Emily De Sousa
Corresponding Secretary, LJWC